Pageviews All Time

Sunday, June 19, 2011

NEVER give up. What will you do if you fail?


Hello everyone!  I know i haven't been keeping up with my blog, don't know if you guys really care. I just wanted to share my thoughts on success, failures, and overcoming them...as you all know or don't know, I lost my last fight back in Sept. 2010. At the time and moment it was probably the worst feeling I've ever felt emotionally. After the fight I didn't want to talk or see anyone and when I did come out, I couldn't even look my family or friends in the eye without shedding a tear. I can say that I felt like a failure and I let everyone down. But you learn a lot about yourself, your friends, your family, and your personal courage, strength, and  determination. I look at this picture everyday to remind me how it felt, to use this as motivation to wake up and make everyday, hour, minute, and second count. Some people in the gym might think I'm crazy...when workouts get tough, I close my eyes and visualize this picture...then BOOM I get this burst of energy! I could easily make up excuses why I did this and why I didn't do that, but that's just not me. Look at many great fighters or people in general....early in their career they have losses and failures, but it was what they took from it to become better that made them champions and successful. You need to love what you do or you won't have that "fire" and you won't be able to push yourself. I say...once you stop having fun and stop learning you should quit or retire, because you will never get better. This is all from my heart. I want you guys/girls not be scared to fail, as long as you try, take that chance no one can tell you anything. I don't know who is going to read this, but if you do...please pass it on.  I leave you with three quotes that sum up this paragraph. Happy Father's Day.



“Try and fail, but don't fail to try.”-Stephen Kaggwa


"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."


“I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.” - General George S. Patton






2 comments:

  1. i always look forward to reading your blog :)

    failure is hard to swallow but not being afraid to fail is success in my eyes. I hope to see you continue to do what you love and succeed in everything you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still here braddah! Good post man, Through adversity emerges great strength!! This post also hit home for me too, definitely understand in another aspect. Thanks for continuing to push on through and share your experiences. Light that fire and fuel it with what the Lord has blessed you with. Wether you fail or succeed we stand by your side, your a good man!

    ReplyDelete